Millions of Irish people emigrated to North America, Australia and New Zealand in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. The ancestral farmsteads and cottages of some of those Ulstermen who rose to positions of power in the new state have been preserved. Places open to the public include the family homes of four American presidents
- A Register of Trees for Co. Londonderry, 1768-1911 , PRONI, Belfast, 1984.
- Tamlaghtfinlagan An Historic Church
Harold Gough, 1995
- The Land of the Roe
Samuel P Mitchell, ISBN 0 9509342 1 6
- Various leaflets from the Historic Monuments and Building Branch
of the Department of the Environment (NI)
- "Provisional list of pre-1900 School Registers in the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland", UHGGN, 9, pp 60-71
- Bernard, Nicholas (ed.) The Whole Proceedings of the Siege of Drogheda [&] Londonderry , Dublin, 1736.
- Boyle, E.M.F-G. Records of the town of Limavady, 1609-1808 , Londonderry, 1912. NLI Ir 94112 b 2
- Carson, W.R.H. A bibliography of printed material relating to the county & county borough of Londonderry , 1969. NLI Ir 914112 c 8
- Colby, Col. Ordnance Survey Memoir of the county of Londonderry , Dublin, 1837.
- Ewart, L.M. Handbook to the dioceses of Down, Connor & Dromore ,
- Ferguson, Rev. S. Some items of Historic Interest about Waterside , Londonderry, 1902.
- Graham, Rev. John Derriana, a History of the Siege of Derry and the Defence of Enniskillen in 1688 and 1689, with Biographical Notes , 1823. NLI J94112
- Henry, Samuel The Story of St Patrick's Church , Coleraine, n.d..
- Hughes, Samuel City on the Foyle , Londonderry, 1984.
- Innes, R. Natural History of Magiligan Parish in 1725 ,
- Kernohan, J.W The County of Londonderry in Three Centuries , Belfast, 1921.
- King, R.G.S A particular of the houses and families in Londonderry, 15/5/1628. , NLI Ir 94112 l 1
- Martin, Samuel Historical gleanings from Co. Derry, and some from Co. Fermanagh , Dublin, 1955. NLI Ir 94112 m 2.
- Mirchell, Brian Derry - Sources for Family History , Derry, The Genealogy Centre, 1992
- Mirchell, Brian Derry, A City Invincible , Eglinton, 1990
- Moody, T.W. The Londonderry plantation, 1609-41 , Belfast, 1939. NLI Ir 94112 m 2
- Mullin, T.H. Ballyrashane , 1969.
- Mullin, T.H. Ulster's Historic City, Derry , Londonderry, Coleraine, 1986.
- Mullin, T.H. Aghadowey , NLI Ir 94112 m 8
- Mullin, Julia The Presbytery of Limavady , Limavady, 1989.
- Munn A. M. Note on the placenames (...) of Derry , NL Ir 92942 m 18
- O'Laverty, Rev. James An Historical Account of the Dioceses of Down and Connor , Dublin, 1878-89.
- Phillips, Sir Thomas Londonderry and the London Companies , PRONI, Belfast, 1928.
- Reeves, William Ecclesiastical Antiquities of Down, Connor and Dromore , 1847.
- Shearman, H Ulster , London, 1949. NLI Ir 91422 s 3
- Simpson, Robert The Annals of Derry , Londonderry, 1847.
- Witherow, Thomas Derry and Enniskillen, in the year 1689 , 1873, 1885.
- Witherow, Thomas A True Relation of the Twenty Week Siege ... , London, 1649.
- Buildings of North Derry
Ulster Architectural Heritage Society,
- Historic Monuments of Northern Ireland
Department of Environment, ISBN 0 3370818 0 8
- Limavady and the Roe Valley
Rev. T. H. Mullin, ISBN 0 9509342 0 8
- Limavady Parochial Bazaar, October 1929
St. Canice Stall, a Souvenir Booklet
- Family History Resources at Derry Libraries
- Derry Heritage Centre